1. The proposed 09-08-2018 program was organized after meeting the central Govt. official, Govt. of India by ANSF. So, ANSF invited both the representatives and to elucidate the flaming issue of Indo- Naga peace talk which was signed on 03/08/2015 in between NSCN/GPRN- IM & GOVERNMENT OF INDIA recognizing the Unique Identity of the Nagas. The program was arranged for Tirap, Changlang and Longding Districts people, as they could’ve witnessed the statement from both representatives. This program could’ve benefited with heaps of knowledge about the inclusive of TCL region in the peace talk! And our TCL civil society representatives/people would’ve viewed and shared their opinion before the representatives. The meeting couldn’t come about because of security reason and unavoidable circumstances, so the program is called off by the Government of India.
2. As per the circulated “WARNING LETTER” given from Eastern Naga National Government (ENNG) on 04/08/2018 in the social media against Arunachal Naga Students’ Federation (ANSF) President and General Secretary (mentioning by names), and where they have stated that “the meeting was summoned by NSCN-IM on 09-08-2018 at Deomali” is totally null and void. The ANSF question the ENNG authority that how NSCN-IM can summon the meeting? As there is no ceasefire implemented in Tirap, Changlang and Longding region, but initiated through Government of India. The proposed was submitted by ANSF to the Government of India and by inviting them to hold a fair and fruitful meeting with the people of TCL region. This program was organized so that our people can realized about the peace process and it’s inclusive in it. The ANSF also stated that the Naga people of Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts have their own rights to decide. ANSF further stated that ANSF stands with the TCL people’s welfare and to maintain peaceful environment in the region, not against the wish of TCL people.
3. ANSF also mentioned that the Federation was established way back in the year 2012, with its motto as for “PEACE, AND UNITY FOR PROSPERITY”. The federation also said that Article 19(1) (c) of the constitution of India guarantees to all citizens the right “to form association and unions” and no law is above the law of Indian Constitution in India. To lucid the perplex of many people ANSF clarifies that Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts is the land of the Nagas and by birth, blood and culturally, or if we look through legal process the TCL people is indicated as “Any Naga” in Ministry of Tribal Affairs, GoI, in schedule six, serial number ten. Naga (Nakha) is an identity of who we are and it’s not a tribe’s name. The tribes like Nocte, Wancho, Tangsa, Tutsa and Ollo are the Naga people who inhabit in their ancestral land since time immemorial. The federation also added that Nagas are not only in Arunachal Pradesh but also in Nagaland, Manipur, Assam, Myanmar and different parts of the world. The federation also stated that no one has the right to speak against the Naga people of Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts, TCL region have suffered a lot from every angle since decades and also in terms of development process but no one stood besides TCL people, when ANSF is trying to organized the said program for more proper understanding about the peace process and to maintain peaceful environment in TCL region by inviting both representatives, many unions and organizations of Arunachal Pradesh had opposed, instead of supporting and encouraging ANSF in the process of bringing peace in the region and to which it is very unfortunate to know. This program could’ve liberated the TCL people.
(Gawang Hakhun) President, ANSF , M: 08415073741 and Victor Honlem Khangham, General Secretary, ANSF
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24