On 06th February 2019 at around 1400 hours a mother brought her child to Unit hospital of Tengnoupal Battalion with critical burn injuries.
A two year old female child of Chelep village was brought to Unit Hospital of Tengnoupal Battalion with serious burn injuries. The mother of child intimated that the child was playing around the transformer when it caught fire because of short circuit. The child being in proximity of transformer got burnt by the fire.
Senior Medical officer of Tengnoupal Battalion with his elaborate experience and professional skills administered prompt first aid to the child and treated her with medicines to provide her immediate relief from pain.
The child named Boinu Mate daughter of Khailen Mate was in agony because of severe injuries which were upto 40 percent deep burns on her back, chest and arms. The senior medical officer applied medicines on the body of the child to reduce the burning sensation and also administered injections to prevent infection from spreading and subsequently referred her to burn ward of RIMS/JNINS.
The timely and swift actions taken by the Tengnoupal Battalion helped in saving precious life of a child. The senior medical officer with his expertise in medical field administered effective treatment which provided relief to the girl child and enabled her to be evacuated to Hospital of Imphal. The village authority of Chelep expressed their gratitude to Assam Rifles for saving the life of girl. The Tengnoupal Battalion is resolute to help locals in every possible means.