Imphal, June 2:
Assembly Constituencies (ACs) of the State continue lifting of PDS rice allocated for June 2020 from certain godowns located at various parts of the State. The lifted PDS items are for distribution to the beneficiaries of the ACs.
Andro AC of Imphal East District had completely lifting its allocated quantity of 1,554.65 quintal of rice under National Food Security Act (NFSA) for June 2020. Karong AC of Senapati District too lifted 2,018.14 quintal of rice under the same scheme.
In Thoubal District, there was lifting of 2,506.35 quintal of NFSA rice for its Khangabok AC allocated for the month of May on 30th May, 2020.
It may be mentioned that the State Government has been distributing PDS items to every household in all the districts of Manipur under NFSA, PMGKAY and Open Market Sale Scheme (OMSS) to ensure none to suffer on account of non-availability of foodgrain due to the ongoing lockdown in the State.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- COVID-19 and the way forward
- Education Minister leads cleanliness drive at DM University Campus
- Festival of Tree Plantation celebrated in Tamenglong
- Assam Rifles organises tree plantation drive jointly with forest officials
- Education sector needs to re-evaluate disciplines offered in the context of global advancement: Minister Education