Imphal, March 26
MLA Th. Shyamkumar who has been facing disqualification case at the Speaker’s Tribunal of the Manipur Legislative Assembly today submitted resignation letter to the Speaker of the Manipur Legislative Assembly, a source said.
Whether the Speaker of the Manipur Legislative Assembly had accepted the resignation letter or not is yet to be confirmed. Mention may be made that Supreme Court in a ruling had barred MLA Shyamkumar from entering the State Assembly premises and cease the Ministerial portfolio. Government of Manipur had so far did not issue any notification whether the Ministerial berth has been withdrawn from him or not.
The Verdict of the Supreme Court also directed the Speaker’s Tribunal to complete the proceeding within a stipulated time. Following the directives the Speaker of the Manipur Legislative Assembly had reserved the hearing on scheduled on March 28.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- MLA Th. Shyamkumar disqualified from the membership of Manipur Legislative Assembly
- At Keishamthong AC Ward No. 13 only those in the voter list gets 4 Kg of rice
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- 3students’ bodies urge Chief Minister to introduce online learning for students; submits memorandum
- Coronavirus Combat; not just the Government’s fight