Thoubal, July 12,
Volunteers of the Wildlife and Biodiversity Conservation Committee (WBCC) Manipur recovered large number of bird traps while conducting routine drive for protection of wild birds at Khangabok, Sangaiyumpham, Cherapur and Tentha Khunou in Thoubal district.
When the volunteers of the WBCC were giving awareness to the people of the areas to stop using bird trap and to love the wild birds and animals, large group of people from the area came protesting against the act of the WBCC.
“It is unfortunate that people of the area are against the WBCC which has been working for the protection of the wild bird and animals”, a statement said.
The statement added that it was the timely action of the ASI Abdul Basir of Poirang Palli Police Out Post and SI Shyam of Tentha Police Out Post and their team which prevented the scene from turning ugly.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Dolaithabi Barrage fails: farmers decry as paddy field remain dry
- Class 7 Student found hanging in her hostel room at Standard Robarth Higher Sec. School Canchipur
- Protest continues demanding arrest of culprits involved in the attack to U. Thoibi
- MARSAC organises workshop on Disaster Management System
- Dead body stealing case: Police arrests prime suspect; LCA relaxes indefinite bandh, to continue agitation