Imphal, June 10,
Ahead of the Imphal Conference (India-Myanmar) to be held on 11th June 2019, the visiting 10 – member Myanmar delegates led by H.E Dr Aung Moe Nyo, Honourable Chief Minister of Magway Region Government of Myanmar along with Shri V. Vumlunmang, Principal Secretary, Manipur visited SKY Hospital on 10th June at 12:15 p.m. to inspect the infrastructure available at the super specialility Cardiac Hospital where world class facilities for Interventional Cardiology and Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery (open heart surgeries) are available. The visiting team inspected the Cath-lab, CTVS Operation Theatre, Post OP ITU,ICCU and other facilities available in the Hospital. Dr Nyo expressed his satisfaction on the equipments and man power available in the hospital and further expressed his willingness to send cardiac patients from his country to SKY Hospital, Imphal which is conveniently located very close in the neighbouring India with low travel and treatment costs to the patient with high quality treatment as compared to other neighbouring countries like Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
The visiting Chief Minister appreciated the services of the Chief Cardiologist Dr L. Shyamkishore Singh who had more than 15 years of cardiology experience from London, UK. Dr Shyamkishore, Chairman of the hospital expressed that it was a pround moment not only for SKY Hospital but also for the state of Manipur when the visiting Myanmar delegates recognised the hospital as a leading Cardiac care centre of this region and assured the delegates to accommodate cardiac patients from Myanmar for treatment as per British Standard where he had practised.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Congress MLA AK Mirabai join alert protest rally; MLA Joykishan will not take part Sangai Festival
- Manipur HC directs authority to ensure safety of ostracized family in returning to their village
- Education minister Th. Radheshyam inspects school and interacts with students on ‘No School Bag Day’
- Security forces shifted from Colleges campus after Human Rights bodies, students demand for removal
- DIPR celebrates 71st Foundation Day; Vision to expand DIPR including opening of DIO in all 16 districts: Minister Biswajit