Imphal May 20,
Joint Students coordinating committee’s youth task force today seized and destroy tobacco products sold in and around Educational institute.
The youth task force comprising of 20 volunteers under the anti drug campaign seized tobacco products from the shops situated in 100 m radius of Imphal College and Children Ideal High School.
Speaking to media persons Convenor of JSCC Sarangthem Manjit said that the campaign was to make educational institute a free zone against drugs and tobacco. He further said that they will continue the drive against drugs and tobacco which is sold within 100 m radius from Educational institute.
He warned that if shops near Educational institute were found selling tobacco products, they will force to shut it down forever.
Manjit stressed that various acts and laws were also passed not to sell tobacco products within 100m radius from Educational institute.
In order to make a healthy society he said that the youth should stay away from such intoxicants and added that intense drive against tobacco will be done further.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University.
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Fitting tribute paid to martyrs of 2001 June uprising
- Societal understanding will help improve the rehabilitated individuals: Th. Radheshyam
- 7 shops 1 house gutted; property worth Crores reportedly destroyed
- Multi-purpose Community Hall inaugurated at Mukuilongdi village, Senapati
- Combined Security force recovers huge cache of arms and ammunition