Imphal April 15,
On the evening of 12 April, a 10 year old boy, resident of Lilong Khunou was bitten by a poisonous snake. On the same evening, a woman of Arapati village and a girl of Lilong Maya Leikai were also bitten by poisonous snakes. All three snake bite victims were evacuated to Lilong Company Operating Base (COB) where they were readily attended by the Company Operating Base (COB) medical team and were administered life saving treatment. They were later shifted to RIMS for further treatment.
The timely and swift action of medical team not only saved precious human lives but also reinforced good faith among the locals. The locals have expressed kind words of.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.