Imphal, Feb 14,
The North East Students’ Organisation (NESO) which comprises of the Khasi Students’ Union (KSU), All Assam Students’ Union (AASU), Naga Students’ Federation (NSF), Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP), Twipra Students’ Federation (TSF), All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU), Garo Students’ Union (GSU) and All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU), has congratulated the entire indigenous people of North East that through our united and concerted effort the Government of India has not been able to table the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016 on the floor of the Rajya Sabha.
NESO, calls the occasion as ‘Moral Victory’ for the indigenous People of North East.
It said, “ we can achieve in stalling this Bill is only because of the united continuous movement of the people. This also goes on to show that the Government of India will not concede to our demands on a platter but we have to fight and struggle for the protection and survival of our indigenous people of North East. Lastly, NESO would like to give a strong warning to the Government of India not to adopt, implement policies which is detrimental to the interest of indigenous people of North East”.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- When CM Biren meets Minister Bishwajit
- Revolt by decedents is a lesson for CM N. Biren Singh
- Indifferences exist but will be resolved soon – Th. Radheshyam
- Political crisis in Manipur continues: CM N. Biren meets PM; Minister Bishwajit still camping at New Delhi
- Crisis in BJP legislatures leaderships issue likely to end; Ministers to return in one or 2 days