Imphal, Nov 13,
Bandh called along the Imphal – Ukhrul road by the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Unnatural death of Yaikhom Gobin Meetei of Sekta Mayai Leikai has been relaxed till 6 pm today.
A statement of the JAC said that the bandh called along the Imphal Ukhrul Road has been suspended after MLA of Lamlai Assembly Constituency Ksh. Biren assured to arrange meeting with the Chief Minister at 5 pm today. The statement however stated that if the meeting fails to bring an amicable solution then the JAC will resume the agitation. Convenor of the JAC K. Somo said that the JAC will not accept the dead body until an agreement is reached between the government and the JAC.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- With BJP’s landslide victory, cracks in Manipur Coalition government almost mended
- Reality of Education system in Manipur
- Gaikhangam honours peoples’ mandate; but says it’s hard to believe
- Return of Modi-Shah combo, The 2019 mandate
- Landslide Victory for BJP led NDA: Country to see Modi as Prime Minister for the 2nd consecutive term