By Our Correspondent
Guwahati, July 16,
Considering the fact that films are the best means to represent a nation to the world, Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal requested eminent Hindi film actor-director Amol Palekar to use his huge experiences for the promotion of Assam’s regional film industry.
Responding to Sonowal’s call for supporting the government in the process of developing the regional film industry, Palekar remembered immense contributions of Dr Bhupen Hazarika, Jahnu Barua, Seema Biswas etc for national film industry.
Palekar, in presence of Assam film finance development corporation Jatin Bora, finally hailed the will and initiative of Sonowal for taking substantial policy decisions for the development of Assamese
cinema to enable the people to look at the heritage of the State through cultural lens.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24