Home » Integration of mushrooming private hospitals on the cards: Dr. O. Ibomcha

Integration of mushrooming private hospitals on the cards: Dr. O. Ibomcha

by IT Web Admin
0 comment 2 minutes read

Imphal, July 16: According to the Manipur Nursing Home and Clinic Registration Act 1992, if any government-employed doctor is found working at private hospitals then their practicing license can be cancelled, and many hospitals in the state have had their licences suspended for operating in contravention of this act, stated Director of Health Services O. Ibomcha replying to media queries during today’s press conference of department heads organized by DIPR.
He further said that the state government has is drafting new regulations which is expecting to be amended in early 2017. After implementation, the new acts will help to control and better regulate private hospitals and nursing homes. The department has also been planning to bring together the 322 privates nursing home which are presently operating in Manipur into 5-6 integrated private hospitals. 
He further said that China is the world’s largest producer of tobacco products of which 20% were consumed by their citizen and the remaining 80% exported while India is the 2nd largest producer but 80% of the total product is consumed by the domestic market with only 20% exported so the rate of consumption by Indians is very high.
He further added that failure in banning tobacco products in the state is due to the negligence of bureaucrats and officials as they are also chain smokers. Now the function of controlling tobacco consumption is being entrusted with National Health Mission so there will be more restrictions on this issue hopefully.
He further said that Manipur State Illness Assistance Fund has provided one-time assistance upto Rs 1.5 lakhs to BPL families and has been made compulsory to all the AIDS patients.
He also disclosed that NRHM has invested Rs. 102.62 crore for construction and improvement of buildings of health institutions in the State. State Government got Rs. 101.66 crore from the Centre for NLCPR funded projects.

You may also like

Leave a Comment


Imphal Times is a daily English newspaper published in Imphal and is registered with Registrar of the Newspapers for India with Regd. No MANENG/2013/51092


©2023 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Hosted by eManipur!

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.