Imphal March 15: The 4th Annual Journalists’ sports meet organised by the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union began today by lighting up event’s flame at Manipur Press Club here in Imphal.
President of the Manipur Olympic Association Bijoy Koijam who is also the former general secretary of the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union lite up the game flame which was brought from the secret Kangla of Imphal.The venue of the Sports meet will be held at Khuman Lampak sports’ complex for athletics and for football match the venue has been scheduled at RAU ground. Other indoor events like carom and chess will be held at Manipur Press club.
Speaking on the occasion MOA president Bijoy Koijam said the sports meet will be moment at which the journalist fraternity could relax and improve their health. President of the AMWJU W Shyamjai appeals all journalists who are members of the union to take part and make the annual sport meet a grand success.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam