Imphal March 15: The 4th Annual Journalists’ sports meet organised by the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union began today by lighting up event’s flame at Manipur Press Club here in Imphal.
President of the Manipur Olympic Association Bijoy Koijam who is also the former general secretary of the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union lite up the game flame which was brought from the secret Kangla of Imphal.The venue of the Sports meet will be held at Khuman Lampak sports’ complex for athletics and for football match the venue has been scheduled at RAU ground. Other indoor events like carom and chess will be held at Manipur Press club.
Speaking on the occasion MOA president Bijoy Koijam said the sports meet will be moment at which the journalist fraternity could relax and improve their health. President of the AMWJU W Shyamjai appeals all journalists who are members of the union to take part and make the annual sport meet a grand success.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24