Imphal, June 22:
Irabot Foundation Manipur has alleged the Agriculture department of deducting 15 kg of fertilizers from the share allotted to each farmer. In addition to this the foundation also alleged the department over lack of transparency to the distribution of paddy seeds, greeneries and necessary equipments for cultivation.
“Each bag of fertilizer contain 45 kg of fertilizer but farmers are given fertilizer bag containing 30 kg only”, a statement by Kh. Gopen Luwang General Secretary of the Irabot Foundation Manipur said. He added that even as season rains has arrived in time farmers are worried as the department still has not distributed the fertilizers and the machineries for cultivation on time. Besides, the department has not distributed paddy seeds and seeds for grains not to leave aside the cultivation machineries.
The Irabot Foundation Manipur warns the department to disclose the list of the beneficiaries to public by pasting on the dashboard of each District officer’s offices, as they have suspicion of distributing the materials to persons who are not in the beneficiary list.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- UNMM shows serious concerns over the rise in crime against women; expressed shock and urges govt. to punish culprits behind the killing of 23 years old girl
- BMS presses EPF 26% for 2015, 2016 to contract labours of MHM Society
- JFA mourns demise of media corona-warrior in Orissa
- EEVFAM demands speedy justice delivery to fake encounter victims
- ANTA congratulate Dr Hmunshel Jasha over his appointment as Scientist at CSIR - IITM