Imphal, May 27:
Delayed in picking up of the Coronavirus positive case from Community Quarantine center being open at Universal College, Yairipok in Thoubal district has irked MLA K. Meghachandra prompting him to lambast the government over mismanagement in dealing the COID-19 pandemic.
Talking to media persons Meghachandra said that a person who have returned from outside the state and have been on quarantine at Universal College, Yairipok quarantine center was tested Coronavirus positive at around 1 am today. However no government authority or any persons from the state health department had come to pick up the person till 1 pm today afternoon.
“Despite request to the authorities concerned, there has been no availability of an ambulance to pick up the positive case patient from the said quarantine centre”, Meghachandra said and question the health department the reason for the delay.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- PDS rice for Irong Kongleiram Village misappropriated by former village Headman
- Alleged kidnappers released on bail say they were framed
- 12 Quarantine Centres of Ukhrul solar-powered by SEAT and SELCO Foundation
- Liquors, items use for manufacturing seized by police team
- Man who tried to supply No 4 at quarantine center held