Imphal, March 26
National Secretary of the Construction Workers' Federation of India, Kshetrimayum Santa has urged the Chief Minister of Manipur to order the state Labour Department and the concerned authority to immediately transfer Rs.2000/- each to the account of the registered unorganised construction workers through the DBT mode from the Cess Fund collected by the Manipur Building and Other Construction Workers' Welfare Board under the BOCW Cess Act, 1996.
In a letter submitted to the Chief Minister, Kshetrimayum Santa said that the Labour Ministry, Government of India has issued an ADVISORY on March 24 afternoon to all the states and Union Territories to use the Cess Fund collected by the respective welfare boards (a copy is enclosed for your reference) in the backdrop of the outbreak of pandemic Covid-19 in the country.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- MLA Th. Shyamkumar disqualified from the membership of Manipur Legislative Assembly
- At Keishamthong AC Ward No. 13 only those in the voter list gets 4 Kg of rice
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- 3students’ bodies urge Chief Minister to introduce online learning for students; submits memorandum
- Coronavirus Combat; not just the Government’s fight