Imphal, Nov 13
Chandel Battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) conducted security meet at Battalion Headquarter, Chandel on 11th November 2019.
The security meet was attended by 60 villagers to include village chiefs and village authority members from Chandel. During the meet, the locals were sensitised and updated on the current situation existing in the area of responsibility. Discussion on necessary measures to be undertaken for maintaining a strict vigil against illicit activities in the area as well as future action plan of civic action projects was undertaken.
The Commandant also enlightened them about the various schemes being undertaken by the Assam Rifles. Commandant apprised them about the inauguration and establishment of various skills training centre at Battalion Headquarter location under the aegis of National Development Skill Corporation. Emphasis was laid on the modalities of enrolment in these skill classes and the benefits of the same in improving one’s personal and financial status. He also briefed them regarding BADP projects, Op Sadbhavana projects and Assam Rifles Civic Action Projects.
This effort was appreciated by the attendees and they requested to conduct such informative gathering frequently.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen disburse funds of MOAP received though GTV
- Director General AR visits Moreh battalion
- Water storage tanks distributed at Senapati District
- Imphal-Dimapur Flight Service Commences; Chief Minister inspects preparations for Japanese PM’s visit
- Assam Rifles recovers drugs worth more than Rs 150 crores in a single day in Manipur