Imphal, Oct 13
MLA P. Sharatchandra appealed to all concerned CSOs and individuals (MAMPIL and KEMKAL) to withdraw the proposed indefinite blockade of Moirang from 14th of October 2019 in larger public interest – the blockade will bring nothing but more miseries to the daily wage earners, farmers, small vendors and business establishments, patients, students and common people at large.
A statement said that the upgradation of Moirang Lamkhai to Moirang Bazar, Moirang Bazar to Sendra, and Sendra road to Keina Bazar Keibul, via Omba road will start soon under NESIDS scheme, funded by NEC. The tender process is on and shall be completed by 16th of October, 2019. Under this scheme Moirang Lamkhai to Moirang Bazar will have a 10 mts (33 ft) wide road, Moirang Bazar will have a 12 mts (36 ft) wide road and Sendra Road will have a 14 mts (42 ft) wide road.
Given these major developmental works in the pipeline by the end of this year, no major works can be taken up on the same road. However, in larger interest of public convenience and safety, PWD Manipur shall start road repairing works and mending of potholes of Moirang Lamkhai to Sendra road from 16th of this month, if weather condition permits.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Alert demonstration continues; protestor Gherao MLAs residence
- Congress MLA AK Mirabai join alert protest rally; MLA Joykishan will not take part Sangai Festival
- Manipur HC directs authority to ensure safety of ostracized family in returning to their village
- Education minister Th. Radheshyam inspects school and interacts with students on ‘No School Bag Day’
- Security forces shifted from Colleges campus after Human Rights bodies, students demand for removal