Imphal, Oct 13
The Manipur Government has already started construction of four foot overbridges in and around Imphal town for the convenience of pedestrians.
These will be the first foot overbridges in the State.
The footbridges have been constructed in front of the Kangla Fort, on the Bir Tikendrajit Road, and near the Keishampat junction and the Imphal College.
A source said the Government is planning to construct more foot overbridges at other traffic congested area. The construction of the first foot overbridge is nearing completion under the supervision of the State PWD in front of the Kangla Fort here.
The project is funded by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and the State PWD is the implementing agency. These foot bridges will ensure safety of pedestrians who will no longer have to cross busy roads by negotiating vehicular traffic.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Land at cheaper rate to Pakistani migrants in Rajasthan
- 5th Khundongbam Brojendro Theatre Festival kicks start
- Of the highway brave hearts
- The man who helped Narendra Modi during University days happens to be a Manipuri
- Pre-school enrolment in Manipur’s Bishnupur district lowest in India – ASER report