Lt Gen MM Naravane,PVSM, AVSM,SM, VSM relinquished the command of the Eastern Command on 31 August 2019 after a successful and eventful tenure of 11 months . The General Officer had assumed charge of the prestigious Command on 01 October 2018 and led Eastern Command in the most professional and dignified manner.
The formations under his command set highest standards of operational preparedness. It was his professionalism and farsightedness that ensured peace and tranquility along the Borders. The General Officer, during his tenure, traveled extensively to visit most of the far flung areas and interacted with the troops on ground. *Under his watch, the Command which is pivotal to India’s Act East Policy, has contributed immensely to nation building in many ways , significant among them being effective counter insurgence operations thereby ensuring peaceful environment for developmental activities to reach the people. Methodologies to test bed various reforms have been formulated for implementation once sanctioned.
Lt Gen MM Naravane,PVSM, AVSM,SM, VSM moves on to Army Headquarters to assume the appointment of Vice Chief of Army Staff.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles conducts anti drug awareness drive
- Horticulture Dept sends ginger consignment to a Delhi Company
- CM, IPR Minister Visits AMWJU President, wishes him speedy recovery
- Youth Congress staged protest against price hike on LPG Cylinder
- Assam Rifles celebrates Luira Phanit and organises community service