Imphal Aug 17,
As part of the operations for sanitisation of critical areas in Khoupum Valley on the occasion of Independence Day, a specific input was received based on which Indian Army troops under the aegis of the Red Shield Division along with Police launched a search operation in the area of Thanagong in Noney District, on 14 Aug 2019.
During the search of a Community Hall of the village large quantity of war like stores including arms and ammunition were recovered from the premises. These were hidden inside the rice sacks stored in the hall. The recoveries included two assault rifles of AK-47 & AK-56 series with 250 live rounds, one HK-33 Assault Rifle, one Lathode Grenade Launcher with 20 live grenades and other assorted ammunition of different calibers. Recovered weapons & ammunition have been handed over to PS Bishnupur for further disposal. The successful operation by the security forces has dealt a huge blow to the nefarious designs of the insurgents in the region.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- IPR Minister clarifies regarding allegation about misuse of Journalists’ fund
- 13th foundation day of Manipur State Commission for Women held; State to Host Two Days United Nations Conference: Guv Najma Heptulla
- Health Minister Jayantakumar Singh flags off Ayushman Bharat Pakhwara Rally from Kangla
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- ARMY recovers large quantities of weapons and warlike stores in Namsa