Imphal Aug 4,
The seminar was conducted at Chandel as it has been nominated as one the water stressed district of the country. The seminar was aimed for spreading awareness about the overall problem of water scarcity, its impact on development and best practices to overcome water crisis & rejuvenate water resources. The seminar was attended by 65 students and 30 faculty members from United College and Maha Union High School which included 33 NCC cadets from 14th Battalion NCC (Manipur). NCC cadets also conducted a presentation on Impact of deforestation and global warming on water resources with special emphasis to Chandel district to make the community members aware. NCC cadets have also adopted village Thotchanram in Chandel district for community service to support the village in plantation and other development projects.
The students actively participated in the seminar and also shared their views and ideas on the conservation of rain water and afforestaion. In the end faculty and students praised the efforts of the Assam Rifles in making them aware about this major issue of water crisis. Assam Rifles being the friends of people of North East always remain in forefront in conducting such campaigns for the people from the remote regions of the country.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census