Imphal, July 9,
Youth’s Forum for Protection of Human Rights (YFPHR) expressed strong concern to the increasing trend of attack on Human Rights Defender and its family members.
The YFPHR said that such an attack is considered as a life attempt and a threat to human rights defender as her father U Nobokishore and mother M Sobita are actively involved in human rights work in the state of Manipur and other internationally human rights work.
“Such an action of shooting is considered by YFPHR as a result of unchecked granting of gun licenses and increase of illegal small arms presence in the state of Manipur. We seriously condemn such action of shooting and a proper investigation is required to arrest the culprits”, the Forum said.
YFPHR, appealed the Police Department and the Government of Manipur to arrest the culprits immediately who are involved in shooting at Thoibi and her friends.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids.
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- ATRPFM threatens 24 hours bandh at 3 NHs from midnight of July 23
- ATSUM warns RIMS authority to stir agitation if they didn’t rectify the violation of reservation
- NEFIS demands immediate removal of irregularities in disbursal of Non-Net Fellowships
- Awareness campaign to reduce carbon emission launched
- Tension runs high in Khumbong after police picked up 9 agitators