From a Correspondent
Guwahati June 20,
On the occasion of Ambubachi festival at Mother Goddess Kamakhya temple atop Nilachal hill in the city, an old Assamese classic Narakasur will be screened at Guwahati Press Club (GPC)
Narakasur, a legendary demon, is considered as the founding ruler of Bhauma dynasty of Pragjyotishapur (ancient Assam). Asur Naraka wanted to marry Ma Kamakhya and finally he was killed by Lord Vishnu with the aid of the goddess. King Bhagadatta of epic Mahabharata fame succeeded his father.
Produced by Bhaskar Chitrakala co-operative limited of Nalbari in 1961, the b&w feature film was directed by Nip Barua. Based on a story of Atul Hazarika, the movie has screenplay by Amalendu Bagchi, music by Brajen Barua and cinematography by Nalin Dowerah. The casts include
Phani Sharma, Eva Achao, Dharani Choudhury, Jnanada Kakati, Beena Das etc.
Latest from Karan Sapam
- Bangladesh: 15th anniversary of Aug 21 grenade attacks today
- India’s junior women boxers win 4 gold as the team finishes with 12 medals at 3rd Nation’s Cup
- Meiraba triumphs; double delight for Tanisha and Aditi at Yonex Sunrise Krishna Khaitan All-India Junior Ranking Tournament
- KYKL observes 26th Martyrs Memorial Day; Pays floral tribute
- NEFIS organizes candle light march at Delhi University demanding justice for Babysana