Imphal May 25
In an untoward incident a student of MU was found dead in his hostel room.
The deceased student has been identified as one Lunmilal Kipgen (23 yrs) son of Paokhomang Kipgen from L.Soungphel Saikhul sub division Kangpokpi district.
He was a student pursuing 4th Semester in Bachelor of Vocational course in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Manipur University residing in room no 26 of Koubru hostel (Hostel No.2), MU.
The student was found hanging in his hostel room in a ceiling fan.
Roomates checked and found out the body because of the foul odour they felt and thus informed the police around 8 in the morning.
Kakwa police rushed into the scene and later Forensic team and magistrate also came to investigate the matter.
Media persons were not allowed to enter the crime scene.
It was reported that some scratches were also seen on the wrist of his left hand.
The death body was then moved to RIMS to perform post mortem.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Discourse on the problems of Manipur held
- ATRPFM to hold State level consultative meeting for Village Chief/ Headman/Chairman under Six Autonomous Districts of Manipur
- Arambam Somorendra remembered on 19th Martyrdom Anniversary
- Women military police soldiers to be recruited under ‘project akanksha’
- Road blocked; Tear gas shell fired; 4 injured, 9 arrested at Yaithibi Loukol