Imphal, May 16,
Staff of the State Veterinary Department allegedly threatens the President of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) Kumbi Branch for complaining about the death of nearly 12 cattle in Wangoo area following the spread of an unknown disease.
Speaking to media person Sh. Bangkimchandra , President of the BJYM, Kumbi Assembly Constituency said that his attempt to meet the Joint Director of the State Veterinary department was foiled by a staff of the department for around five times saying that he was not in the office.
He said that one Field Assistant identified as Biren called him to meet the Joint Director. But when he went to meet him the said person threatened of dire consequences if he did not say that no cattle are dead due to epidemic in the area. Bangkimchandra however said that he stand by his word as there had been cases where around 12 cattle died due to a mysterious disease at Wangoo area of Kumbi Assembly constituency.
He further said that he can prove that there are cases of cattle dying of the mysterious disease. The BJYM President while demanding an enquiry on the incident urged the Veterinary Minister to head the enquiry committee as he and the villagers have lost faith in the department authority.
He also stated that the Veterinary offices located at Terakhong , Borayangbi and Wangoo are not functioning.
“We can show the proof that these Veterinary offices are not functioning properly.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
- Sub standard protective mask procured at Rs. 25 per piece for distribution to MGNREGA workers