Imphal, May 11,
The Sanamahi Kiyong which is the abode of Lainingthou Sanamahi situated at Nongmaijing Hills, Imphal East will be inaugurated on June 8, 2019.
Speaking to media persons in a press meet held at Press club spokesperson of Foundation for University of Sanamahism, Laishram Poireiton said that the place was previously planned to inaugurate on May 16. The reason behind the changing of date for inauguration was because religious leaders told that it should be done on Manipuri month of Enga not on Kalen where June 8 falls on Enga.
The inauguration function of the University of Sanamahi Culture will also be attended by Chief Minister N.Biren and titular king of Manipur Leishemba Sanajaoba.
Sanamahi Kiyong is a centre of the followers of Sanamahism in the State of Manipur.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids.
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- ATSUM warns RIMS authority to stir agitation if they didn’t rectify the violation of reservation
- NEFIS demands immediate removal of irregularities in disbursal of Non-Net Fellowships
- Awareness campaign to reduce carbon emission launched
- Tension runs high in Khumbong after police picked up 9 agitators
- 3 activists of disabled rights honoured at Jaipur