Imphal, April 10,
A seemingly desperate move to the series of criticisms from section of people to the BJP party over the inclusion of contentious Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) , Chief Minister N. Biren Singh today personally clarified that the CAB will not affect the indigenous people of the state as the manifesto clearly mention that the BJP will make all effort to clarifies the issues to the section of population from the North Eastern States who have expressed apprehension regarding the legislation that is CAB.
The BJP in its manifesto committed to reintroduce CAB in its point 12 of the manifesto.
- Biren Singh said that there are provision in the manifesto which promises to ensure that the unique linguistic , cultural and social identity of the Northeastern States be adequately protected.
The Chief Minister also stated that there are also provision to implement National Register of Citizenship in a phase manner and this will identify the illegal immigrants. He added that when there are promises to protect the identity culture and the language of the people there is no need to worry about the CAB.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- High Court bans on taking up new development programme at Loktak Lake
- 3 Missing minor rescued; Child Rights Activist says the 3 minors are “victims of circumstances”
- Saving future Manipur – the need of the hour
- RIMS advertisement for recruitment of Asst. Prof. Clinical Psychology upsets candidate