Imphal, March 20,
Finally BJP has finalized on whom to be nominated as candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha Election in both the inner and outer parliamentary constituencies of Manipur. However the party has not announced the name of the candidates till today.
Source with the Imphal Times said that Central leaders of the BJP had decided to field Th. Basanta, the former IPS officer and also the son of former Union Minister Th. Chaoba for the Inner Manipur Parliamentary constituency after hectic discussion. As for the outer Constituency the BJP is fielding Benjamin, the source added.
The source further said that the state BJP submitted four names to the central BJP ticket committee for the inner Manipur Parliamentary constituency and among the four name Th. Basanta’s name was not included. Th. Chaoba who had played major role in strengthening the BJP reportedly met Ram Madhav at his New Delhi Residence and urged him to nominate his son when the meeting for selection of candidate for BJP was underway at Guwahati yesterday.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister N. Biren Singh too reportedly changed his mind during the meeting and stand in favour of Th. Chaoba, the source added.
Image Source: Twitter
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit