Only one transgender is enrolled in the Voter list of Imphal West district. This was stated by Naorem Praveen, DC of Imphal West during press conference conducted in connection with the launching of two days special campaign for the verification and enrolment of eligible voters from today.
Naorem Praveen said the two days campaign will enable to enrol new eligible voters in electoral rolls, to correct their particulars and also to verified voters already enrolled in the electoral roll.
He appealed to all the eligible voters to enrol during the ongoing campaign.
He said that number of voters in Imphal West is around 3,60,600 . There is a difference of about 7 percent when compared to census report about the eligible voters residing in Imphal West area, Praveen added.
He further said that main priorities have been given by the CEO to remove the impurities present in the electoral rolls. He added that around 261 repeated Electoral photo identity card (EPIC) have been detected and rectified for Imphal West. And also 76 demographically similar entries has also been detected and rectified.
As the day of election is going to be announced in the next month all the necessary steps have already taken up, he added. He further claimed that every Assembly constituencies will have a model polling station.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University in Dire Straits – (Part -2) MU authority dishonours RTI Act; Provide false information in connection with expenditure of 105 Indian Science Congress
- 6 more major rebel group call 12 hours total shut down on Republic Day
- Fate of Manipur University in dire straits; More irregularities found (Part -1)
- Discrepancies and signs of nepotism in Veterinary Department promotions
- CorCom and ULFA boycotts India’s Republic Day