Imphal Feb. 21,
Manipur Deputy Chief Minister Yumnam Joykumar has disclosed that state will reintroduce lottery and it is expected to collect Rs 100 cr annually. He was replying to a supplementary question by opposition Congress MLA Surjakumar Okram in the state assembly on Thursday. Joykumar who also holds finance portfolio said that concerning the selling of lottery tickets it is not still decided whether it would be sold in the state or outside the state or both inside and outside the state.
He also said that Rs 857.89 cr has been collected as GST revenue of the state since the introduction of GST on July 2017 till January 2019. He was replying to a question raised by Surjakumar in the question hour. Joykumar said that the state is projecting Rs 754.78 cr as GST revenue collection next year. Earlier, Surjakumar has asked whether it is true that the tax revenue has increased manifold after introduction of the GST.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey