Imphal, Jan 25,
Even as Manipur’s BJP still has to make a clear stand to the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 with the Rajya MP failure to give in writing that he will stand against the CAB as people desires so, Meghalaya BJP leaders started resigning from the post.
As per report reaching here the General Secretary of the Shillong City District Committee, Meghalaya of BJP, Glanding Lyngdoh, has quit the party.
The President of the BJP Youth Wing, Lyngdoh had also tendered his resignation earlier.
Egenstar Kurkalang, President of the Youth Wing, resigned on January 21 and has since joined the UDP.
In Mizoram, 2 legislatures of the State Assembly joined the peoples’ march against the Bill. They even carried placards which threaten to demand an Independent country if the Bill is not withdrawn.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
- Sub standard protective mask procured at Rs. 25 per piece for distribution to MGNREGA workers