Imphal, Jan 25,
Even as Manipur’s BJP still has to make a clear stand to the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 with the Rajya MP failure to give in writing that he will stand against the CAB as people desires so, Meghalaya BJP leaders started resigning from the post.
As per report reaching here the General Secretary of the Shillong City District Committee, Meghalaya of BJP, Glanding Lyngdoh, has quit the party.
The President of the BJP Youth Wing, Lyngdoh had also tendered his resignation earlier.
Egenstar Kurkalang, President of the Youth Wing, resigned on January 21 and has since joined the UDP.
In Mizoram, 2 legislatures of the State Assembly joined the peoples’ march against the Bill. They even carried placards which threaten to demand an Independent country if the Bill is not withdrawn.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Indifferences exist but will be resolved soon – Th. Radheshyam
- Political crisis in Manipur continues: CM N. Biren meets PM; Minister Bishwajit still camping at New Delhi
- Crisis in BJP legislatures leaderships issue likely to end; Ministers to return in one or 2 days
- Overdraft: Congress President Gaikhangam appeals high level committee headed by not less than a retired Chief Justice; demand re-election
- Malpractices in Veterinary Department, CM urged to replace Director