The Assam Indigenous Peoples Protection Committee (AIPPC) burnt the effigies of PM Narendra Modi ,Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal, Silchar MP Sushmita Dev and few other this Thursday here at Modhurapul point of Rongpur in Silchar.
Speaking to the scribes, AIPPC Secretary Seram Herajit opined that Silchar Congress MP Sushmita Dev expressed her statement about supporting the bill which is against the will of the indigenous communities including the Muslims.
The indigenous communities are ready to answer the MP Sushmita in the upcoming MP election,Herajit further added.
The AIPPC team today organised many public meeting at different places including Auliya Bazar at Sonai, Silchar Medical College, etc where the protestors burnt the effigies of many leaders including Silchar MP Sushmita Dev, Minister Primal Suklabaidya and so on.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- When CM Biren meets Minister Bishwajit
- Revolt by decedents is a lesson for CM N. Biren Singh
- Indifferences exist but will be resolved soon – Th. Radheshyam
- Political crisis in Manipur continues: CM N. Biren meets PM; Minister Bishwajit still camping at New Delhi
- Crisis in BJP legislatures leaderships issue likely to end; Ministers to return in one or 2 days