Imphal, Dec 19,
The National Integration Tour(NIT) from Dingpi region organised by the Joupi Batallion of Assam Rifles visited Rashtrapti Bhavan and interacted with Honorable President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind on 18th December 2018. During the interaction ceremony, two students shared their invaluable experience of the tour and expressed their heartfelt gratitude to the President of India during the interaction. After the interaction students were also taken to various halls and apartments of the Bhavan and Mughul Garden. Thereafter NIT visited Rashtrapti Bhavan Museum wherein they witnessed glimpse of history of modern India and enriched themselves with the knowledge of Indian freedom struggle.
The Batallion part of 28 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of Inspector General (South) is organizing this National Integration Tour to Delhi-Agra and back. The NIT tour consists of 20 students (09 boys and 11 girls), 03 teachers and team of Jhoupi Batallion, and will be visiting various tourist and historical places in Delhi and Agra during the 18 days long tour. The tour is aimed at providing an exposure to the students to the rich cultural heritage of the country and an opportunity to visit various places and interact with eminent dignitaries.
The team has already visited Taj Mahal in Agra and were mesmerized by the beauty of the World Heritage Site. The team also witnessed deadly unarmed combat techniques displayed by Para Commandos during a demonstration at Agra.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined
- Where have the PDS rice allocated for non-voters or non-card holders gone at some assembly constituency?