Imphal, Dec. 1
Keithelmanbi Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) conducted a free Medical Camp for girls at Chaopok Ipham, Lilong on 30 November 2018. A dedicated medical team under the Unit Medical Officer provided medical assistance to over 260 girls in the camp.
Various medical facilities were provided to the attendees which included screening of lifestyle diseases, routine health check up alongwith free dental checkup. A dispensary was established as part of the Camp to distribute free medicines and nutritional supplements.
Alongwith the Medical Camp a lecture was also conducted to generate awareness on various age related issues faced by adolescent girls. A comprehensive health talk on menstruation and hygiene was also conducted by the medical team.
The people of the area were extremely appreciative of the Assam Rifles for their sincere endeavour and requested for more such camps in the near future for the benefit of the entire community.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today