Imphal, Dec. 1
Keithelmanbi Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) conducted a free Medical Camp for girls at Chaopok Ipham, Lilong on 30 November 2018. A dedicated medical team under the Unit Medical Officer provided medical assistance to over 260 girls in the camp.
Various medical facilities were provided to the attendees which included screening of lifestyle diseases, routine health check up alongwith free dental checkup. A dispensary was established as part of the Camp to distribute free medicines and nutritional supplements.
Alongwith the Medical Camp a lecture was also conducted to generate awareness on various age related issues faced by adolescent girls. A comprehensive health talk on menstruation and hygiene was also conducted by the medical team.
The people of the area were extremely appreciative of the Assam Rifles for their sincere endeavour and requested for more such camps in the near future for the benefit of the entire community.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- State Assembly Session : House Passed demands for six departments
- SCERT embeds Assembly session as an excuse for disregarding Manipur Information Commission
- Be cautious; of the 30 countries affected by Novel Coronavirus no case reported from Myanmar
- Finally, MHRD seeks President’s approval for removal of Manipur University VC AP Pandey
- Government Aided School Employees threaten to commit suicide for revised pay