Imphal, July 16,
Manipur University Teachers’ Association (MUTA) today said that any enquiry on the 40 plus days long impasse against the incumbent VC Prof. AP Pandey at Manipur University which put a grinding halt to all academic related activities will not be accepted until AP Pandey has been removed from the post of the VC.
This was stated by the spokesperson of MUTA Prof. Nganbam Nimai, while speaking to media persons today evening.
The Spokespersons said that the Manipur University Community stands firm with its earlier decision and any kind of enquiry can only be accepted after the VC is removed. He further said that the so called two member committee constituted by the MHRD will not be able to bring justice and said that such enquiry will not be accepted either.
“We the MU Community demand an independent inquiry headed by a retd. Judge of a High Court or Supreme Court”, He added.
Meanwhile among the two member constituted for enquiry, one of the member J.K. Tripathi, Joint Secretary of the UGC happened to be a close associate of Prof. AP Pandey. More over the deputy Secretary of the Central University Division , HRD Surat Singh, another member is also stated to be someone who follows to the whim of Veena Pandey , the wife of AP Pandey , source said.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- GojiLove listed among top 20 biggest startup of India
- Waithoupat Water Supply Scheme inaugurated; We must work with sincerity and dedication for development: CM
- Assam Rifles Apprehends ZUF Cadre From Cachar District
- Assam Rifles Archers Shine At World Police And Fire Games In China
- Mission Green Manipur’s “Maintenance Programme” launched