Imphal, July 16,
A joint emergency meeting of the MUSUS, MUTA and MUSA held today afternoon at the Manipur University vehemently condemn the police brutality towards the volunteers of the DESAM. The meeting term the police excess as barbarian and undemocratic. The three body of the Manipur University demand immediate Magisterial enquiry .
The meeting also resolved to reiterate that the removal of the present VC Prof. AP Pandey, is a sine quo non to precede any intervention to resolved the present crisis in Manipur University. Today’s emergency meeting has make no change to the earlier decision and further resolved that the institution of High Power Committee to probe into the financial and administrative irregularities committed by AP Pandey as VC of Manipur University should immediately be remove.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24