Moreh , July 13,
6 lethod bomb blast and more than 100 bullets fired at 3 houses of gammon veng of Indo-Myanmar border town Moreh by some unidentified persons. Team of Moreh Police , Commandos and 11 Assam rifle personals rushed to the spot to control the situation immediately . No injuries had been found but 4 vehicles were damaged by multiple bullet holes . Police team with bomb expert made blast the unused lethod bombs near Houlemphai Village. The incident was occurred at 2:00 AM morning till 2:30 AM. While Sub-Divisional Police Officer Shandeep Gopal Das along with DSP Thomas Thokchom and Officer In-Charge Moreh Police Letkhohao Vaiphei were investigating , SP Tengnoupal Dr . S. Ibomcha also rushed to the spot and made further investigation . Various public organisations of Moreh also condemned and appeal not to do such dangerous act in the Town .
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam