Tension runs high among the people of Thoubal area after bandh supporters assaulted a person and use humiliating language to many individuals who were on their way to attend Shardha ceremony by bandh supporters at Moijing Lamkhai. A JAC formed against the assault and use of abusive humiliating words staged a protest and demanded apology from the locals of Moijing.
Locals of the Moijing and bandh supporters along with the members of the JAC held a meeting at the office of the SP Thoubal and the Moijing local leaders including Maoulubi assured not to let such thing happen in future. The 48 hours bandh called against the eviction of the 73 houses at Kshetri bengoon Mamang Ching was called by AMUCOC and other civil society organisations from July 3 but suspended following agreement with the government in 24 hour. It was announced that essential services including the ritual related activities were exempted. The JAC were protesting for assault of a person who was on his way to attend a ritual ceremony of his friend.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24