Imphal, Feb 15: An absconding accused that has been charge for raping a 12 year minor girl on the eve of February 13, 2018 has surrender to the police yesterday evening.
The accused has been identified has one Heisnam Langbol (22 yrs), son of Heisnam Budhi of Thanga Heisnam Leikai.
According to a report received, the victim family had lodge a complaint to Moirang Police Station on February 14, 2018, stating that on the evening of February 13, 2018, around 6:30 pm, the accused Heisnam Langbol kidnapped and rape their 12 year old daughter somewhere in Thanga area as the accused has absconded after the incident.
A case has been registered and to avoid any untoward incident, a team of Moirang Police Station has guarded the accused resident.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam