Imphal, April 17
Irabot Foundation Manipur (IFM) today submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister of Manipur to take up essential measures for farmers & entrepreneurs amidst covid-19 outbreak and post lockdown.
The memorandum was submitted after the IFM convened an e-meeting with various hand to mouth farmers and entrepreneurs specified in different fields through Video-conferencing.
“ Most importantly the farmers and entrepreneurs met certain financial loss where they found resistance in marketing their own products, range from vegetables to FMCG products. The E-meeting came up with an aim to forecast all the grievances and difficulties face by them amidst covid-19 outbreak. Moreover, post lockdown, most of farmers and entrepreneurs expect certain things from the government. Certain recommendations were acquired during the video-conference discussion. The Irabot Foundation Manipur warmly suggests such recommendations to add up substantially within the existing policies of the government”, the memorandum submitted said and recommended the following:
1) Daily essential commodities should be treated as most priority. Engage SHGs for making face mask, hand sanitizers, soaps etc. to boost their economy.
2) Set up high level committee to monitor and recommendations for peoples’ welfare scheme.
3) Make assessments of loss and provide incentives during lockdown.
4) Take up digging of pond, cleaning of rivers and lakes, releasing of dam water in time for agricultural activities.
5) Sanitization for the whole state should be taken.
6) Free distribution of seeds and available of agricultural machineries should be made compulsory.
7) Exemption of fees for any school, college, universities and other institutions should be made.
8) Special Economy Package should be given to all the sections.
9) Fast-track irrigation committee for agricultural and allied should be set-up.
10) Release of all the pending funds regarding flood in 2017 and draught in 2019