Home » As alternative, renewable sources of energy to be opted: Dy CM

As alternative, renewable sources of energy to be opted: Dy CM

by IT Web Admin
0 comment 2 minutes read

DIPR
Imphal, May 28,

Deputy Chief Minister Yumnam Joykumar Singh said, renewable sources of energy should be opted as an alternative to meet energy requirements in the state. He was speaking at the inaugural function of grid connected roof top solar power plant with generation capacity of five kilowatts, at the Community Hall of Uripok Ahanthem Leikai Development Organisation in Imphal today.
Deputy Chief Minister said, non-renewable energy sources like fossil fuels would be exhausted after some decades but renewable sources like solar energy will last long for decades. He said, with the increasing population, energy consumption level has also been increasing day by day. To meet such energy requirements, solar energy which can be generated using abundantly available sun light should be encouraged. Joykumar Singh further said that street lighting or domestic uses of power can easily be generated if roof top solar panels are installed. Besides this, excess energy generated from the plant can also be sold to power grid thereby generating revenue as well.
Stating that, the project which is jointly taken up by MANIREDA and MSPDCL will definitely help in providing energy requirements in the state, Deputy Chief Minister said, almost all areas under Uripok Assembly Constituency will be covered under the project and street lighting in the areas will be completed within June this year. He said, once street lighting is completed, it willbe helpful in controlling crime and related activities. He appealed people to co-operate with this initiative to encourage solar energy generation in the state.
Director, MANIREDA Shri L. Manglem Singh also spoke on the importance of solar energy in helping to provide energy requirements in the state. He said, under the project, 70 per cent of the total cost for installation will be borne by MANIREDA. Only the remaining 30 per cent will be borne by the individual or the company or firm who have applied for the work. He urged people to co-operate with MANIREDA and also asked them to apply through website for installation of solar power plants.
Earlier today, Deputy Chief Minister inaugurated a grid connected roof top solar power plant of five kilo watts at Satjal Academy near Uripok Cheirap Court in Imphal.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

ABOUT US

Imphal Times is a daily English newspaper published in Imphal and is registered with Registrar of the Newspapers for India with Regd. No MANENG/2013/51092

FOLLOW US ON IG

©2023 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Hosted by eManipur!

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.