Imphal, May 25: While emphasing an overall development in Fisheries Sector in the State for making available fish as a source of animal protein food for general public in sufficient quantities, the State Fisheries Department could produce 32500 kg of table fish during the current financial year upto January 2016 against the target of 34000 kg for the year, with anticipation of achieving the target.
The Fisheries department has been implementing various programmes- Inland Fisheries Development, Fishery Extension Training, Liberation of fish fingerings/yearlings, Assistance to Pisciculturists, Development of Inland Aquaculture and Fisheries under CSS, Housing scheme for poor fishermen, Accident Insurance Scheme etc.
During the current year upto January, 2016, 218 millions of fish seed have been produced. One year training on Inland Fisheries is continuing at the Departmental Inland Fisheries Centre at Lamphelpat. Every year the Department organized fish seed Liberation programme at Loktak Lake & other wetlands under the scheme of “Augmentation of fish production”. 50 lakhs of fish seed were liberated in natural water-Loktak and Wetlands.
Under the devolution of powers, the Fishery Department had transferred the “Assistance to Pisciculture Scheme” for implementation through the Panchayats of four valley districts- Imphal West, Imphal East, Thoubal and Bishnupur and six Autonomous District Councils of Manipur – Senapati, Ukhrul, Churachandpur, Chandel, Tamenglong and Sadar Hill District Council, Kangpokpi.
The implementation of Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojna (RKVY) in the Fisheries Department, Manipur had been started since the 2009-10 onwards. The total approved ‘cost for infrastructure development taken up for the period from 2009-10 to 2015-16 is 2317.95 lakhs. 37 one ha area unit ponds have been constructed during 2015-16 under the Establishment of Regional Fisheries Estate at Khullakpat Fishery No. 123, Mayang Imphal, Imphal West, 2015-16.
Infrastructure Development taken up under RKVY Funding are :-
1. Construction of Mini Laboratory for disease Diagnosis and controlling Centre at Lamphel, Imphal West District.
2. Construction of Farmers Hostel at Lamphel, Imphal West District
3. Construction of Laboratory Building at Grass Carp Farm, Waithou, Thoubal District.
4. Construction of Farmers Training Centre at Ningthoukhong, Bishnupur District.
5. Construction of Training Hall-cum-Laboratory at Khundrakpam Fish Farm, Imphal East District.
6. Construction of Training Hall-cum-Laboratory at Chandel District.
7. Construction of Training Hall-cum-Laboratory at Tuibong, Churachandpur District.
8. Construction of Training Hall-cum-Laboratory at Ukhrul District.
9. 5% RKVY contribution for Development of Pisciculture in Bishnupur district under RIDF-XV of NABARD.
10. Construction of Fish Jetties at Thanga Khunjao and Karang of Loktak Lake, Bishnupur District.
11. Construction of Mini Circular Hatchery at FFDA, Imphal West District.
12. Mini Circular Hatchery at Grass Carp Farm Waithou, shifted to Leimakhong Mapal, Imphal East District.
13. Construction of 3.30 ha. Farm ponds at Waithou, shifted to Leimakhong Mapal, Imphal East District.
14. Construction of Mini Circular Hatchery at Haotak, Bishnupur District.
15. Construction of 4.40 ha. Farm ponds at Haotak, Bishnupur District.
16. Construction of Mini Circular Hatchery at Khundrakpam Fish Farm, Imphal East District.
17. Construction of Mini Circular Hatchery at Purul, Senapati District.
18. Construction of training hall-cum-Mini Lab. at DFO Office, Senapati District.
19. Construction of training hall-cum-Mini Lab. at DFO Office, Tamenglong District.
20. Construction of Circular Hatchery, Lamphel.
21. Construction of Circular Hatchery at Waithou.
32500 Kg of Table Fish produced in 10 months