Dhaka, Oct 24
The striking Bangladesh players ended their boycott and decided to return to the field next week after holding talks with the Bangladesh Cricket Board officials at Mirpur late night on Wednesday.
‘The talk was successful, the BCB president and directors who were here they heard our demands and they assured us they will fulfill them at the quickest possible time,’ said national Test and Twenty20 captain Sakib al Hasan.
‘Based on that assurance our first-class players will start playing from Saturday and our national team players will start camp (for India tour) from Saturday,’ Sakib said.
Sakib said that the officials of the Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh also agreed to organize an election at the earliest possible time to accommodate the representative of current players.
BCB president Nazmul Hasan said they agreed to fulfill at least nine demands of the players.
‘Among the 11 demands they made, the first demand is not in our hand [CWAB] and we told them that we will decide about the last demand [participation in more than two franchise leagues]. Apart from these two demands, we have agreed on all their nine demands,’ said Nazmul.
‘We wanted to cancel the third round of NCL. But the players said that they wanted to play and they wanted to reschedule the third round of play. So we have decided to start the third round from Saturday,’ he said.
Nazmul said they sent the two new demands of the players to the Board’s legal department.
‘We haven’t made any decision about the last two demands. When we saw that a legal advisor is involved in the case, we referred the matter to our legal advisor,’ he said.
Supreme Court lawyer Mustafizur Rahman Khan earlier in the evening read out a list of 13 demands on behalf of the players at a news conference, which included two fresh demands – a share of BCB revenue and better wages for women players.