Sometimes it’s hard to tell
How much you meant to me.
The day you came to this earth
All pains and worried left,
It was joy, happiness you brought us.
Your coming to us is the best gift
You might not know
How much you are to me and your mother
You have grown now,
You came from within,
from just beneath our heart.
It’s there you’ll always be,
Though your own life will now start.
You’re growing so fast it sends us awhirl,
With misty eyes I ask,
Where’s my little girl?
I know, I seem harsh and so unfair,
But one day you will see.
May be I had little time to look after you
But everything I told you was because I care,
The next few years will so quickly fly,
With laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.
As you begin your growth to womanhood,
this fact you must know.
You’ll always be our source of pride,
no matter where you go.
You must stand up tall and proud,
within you feel no fear,
For all you dreams and goals sit before you very near.
With God’s love in your heart and the world by its tail,
You’ll always be my winner, and victory will prevail.
For you this poem was written, with help from above,
to show you , how much we care for you.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 13th foundation day of Manipur State Commission for Women held; State to Host Two Days United Nations Conference: Guv Najma Heptulla
- Health Minister Jayantakumar Singh flags off Ayushman Bharat Pakhwara Rally from Kangla
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- ARMY recovers large quantities of weapons and warlike stores in Namsa
- PWD, PHED discuss ways to minimise public inconveniences