Through the columns of your esteemed daily, I beg to state that the careless use of plastics are damaging the environment.
These days many people chew, smoke tobacco products, pan masala, eat chips and kurkures and throw the plastic packets in the road. These packets polluted the streets and drain at rivers. As a result the waste water from the drain comes in the road. Many peoples take polythene bags and use them carelessly. They tie the vegetable peels and other things in the polythene bags and throw it in the roads or beside the roads. As a result, animals like cows are coming and trying to eat those vegetable peels, they aren’t able to open the bags and thus, eat the vegetable peels along with plastics which leads to death of animals. These happened just a few days ago in my locality.
Government should take necessary steps to prevent this harm to environment. I hope that you will grant my request and add it to your editorial columns.
Class XII, Yaikhom Mani Girls College
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- Govt. issues order to counter MANPAC’s total shut down
- Dr. S. Subbiah reelected as National President and Sushri Nidhi Tripathi elected as National General Secretary of ABVP
- National Education Day observed
- Assam Rifles seizes 2 packets of contraband worth Rs 10 lakh in Tengnoupal
- COCOMI continues its alert protest and rally