(By a slight inhuman judgement of India to the Naga Frame work Agreement. The Southern Naga People in Manipur state would be Doom.)
As of now, the world knows that India had forcefully annexed Nagas and all its land into the union of India. Many right thinking individual, human justices, intellectuals and freedom fighters of India had been propounded.
1. When Naga club led by Eno. AZ. Phizo met Subhas Chandra Bose the then Indian National Army (INA) founder and leader, they deeply and seriously discussed upon the Naga Sovereignty the Naga club expressed varied problems of their struggles before Subhas Chandra Bose. The brave man said that you Naga would get freedom when I got it. When I got freedom today you Naga would have tomorrow and when I got freedom in the morning you Naga would get freedom in the evening.
2. Father of the Nation, Gandhiji said to the Naga delegation that Nagas have every right to be independence.
3. Former Prime Minister Pt. Jawahalal Nehru wrote a letter to Assam C.M. R.R. Medhi on 13th May 1956. I feel that we have not dealt with this question of Naga with wisdom in the past. We must not judge them as we would judge others who are undoubted a part of India. The Nagas have not such background or sensation.
4. Sir, Rajagopalachari, the first Governor-General of free India assured on 11 members of Naga delegation in Shillong on 28th Nov. 1949. India wants to deprive the land of Nagas, Nagas are at liberty to do as they like, either to become a part of India or be separated if it would be best for their interest to be isolated.
5. Jaya Prakash Narayan member of Indo-Naga peace Mission said;
1. India says all Nagas are Indian citizens but we do not accept what India says.
2. The Naga peoples are unquestionably a nation.
3. You can lives as a nation and preserve integrity.
4. The kind of relationship between India and Naga may be negotiated.
In the context of Manipur state, the Naga and Meitei had a different/separate administrative system before 1949 merger agreement.
Naga hill areas were administered by a Political Agent (P.A). The Meitei valley was controlled by President Manipur State Durban. (PMSD)
Sir, Robert Reid, a Political Agent posted for Naga Hills in Manipur during fag-end of the British rule. Sir Robert Reid said; The Nagas are not Indian in any sense of the word neither in origin, nor in habit nor in language, nor in appearance, nor in outlook, they can have whatever they wish from the union of India. They can lives as a genuine good nation.
The merger agreement 1949 brought change Naga Hills into one administrative roof with Manipuri Valley people who were far advanced and well developed. However the central government identified Naga clearly as scheduled tribe of Manipur state. They are recognised as the weaker group/society than to those amidst the communities they are living together, India knows Naga tribal’s are fragile, insecure, who are in need of protection, they cannot live by themselves. Therefore the Indian constitution has given a certain opportunities to the society and to individuals to safeguard them.
Now, the bottom line of this article is, by a slight inhuman judgement of India to the Naga Frame Work Agreement, the southern Naga people, the tribal in Manipur are going to be ruined in the midst of those who are well to do and advanced society they are living together. As in social category the Meitei/Meetei are the general category, they are the scheduled cast, they are the other backward classes besides they are going to become a scheduled tribe category. Nagas are subjugating, strangulating, suppressing and intention toward assimilation. There is no provision to safeguard for the Nagas minorities and other tribal’s of Manipur state. Demanding, proposals and suggestion of the hills people are completely turn down time and again. No Six Schedule, No Alternative Arrangement, No Territorial Council, No Supra State, No Naga Cultural Body, No Financial Autonomy, No Naga Pan Hoho, No Naga Integration, No Naga Article 371 (A) instead of many proposals and rightful demanding, the Naga lands are split into pieces by creation of Seven Districts. The cruel and bias thought, the bitter feelings, the barbarous manner, jealousy and merciless mindset towards the hill people that can never be compromised and reconciled with the communal, bias majority of the valley peoples.
We the Naga people and valley Meitei have been presumed each other to be a mysterious brothers. But our real brother or clan in Naga blood are those who live in a contiguous Nagalims across the states and abroad the country like Myanmar (AVA). We the Naga are the real brethren, dirt on the body can clean with soap and water but blood can never be washed away, as thus the Nagas brethren can never be separated now and forever more.
The Manipur valley people are claiming that they are indigenous people, if it is so they should know and well understand about the contents and perspectives of indigenous Rights. “UN DECLARATION THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES” are laid down as many as forty six (46) Articles. Here I would like to write down a few Articles, not in serial.
(a) Indigenous peoples have the right of self determination.
(b) By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economics, social and cultural development.
(c) Indigenous peoples have the right to maintain and strengthen their distinct political, economics social and cultural characteristics as well as their legal systems, while retaining their rights to participate fully, if they so choose, in the political, economic, social and cultural life of the state.
(d) Indigenous peoples have the collective right and individual not to be subjected to any action which has the aim or effect of depriving them of their integrity as distinct peoples or of their cultural values or ethnic identities. Any action which has the aim or effect of dispossessing them of their lands and Territories.
(e) Any form of assimilation or integration by other cultures or ways of life imposed on them by legislative administrative or other measures.
(f) So in conclusion but not the least why Manipur valley indigenous peoples, the larger the mightier people should force upon the minority and weaker indigenous Naga people of Manipur to be settled with them which Naga people are tired and no longer the might to bear with them.
Manipuri people, the valley people must be carefully considered, deliberate at this juncture. If these people could not understand or ignore all these rights, they are not deserved to be included in U.N. Declaration Indigenous People Rights.
Naga had declared Independence on 14th August 1947 one day ahead of the India Independence 15TH August 1947.
AZ Phizo informed this happy news to all the Naga tribes, He came at Ukhrul personally and said, we have got Freedom, and we are free now.
Ukhrul Discussion Forum.