Home » Three Urban Flagship Missions Has Completed Four Years

Three Urban Flagship Missions Has Completed Four Years

by IT Web Admin
0 comment 3 minutes read


Imphal, June 25,

Three urban flagship missions namely Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), Smart Cities Mission (SCM) and Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) has completed four years of its implementation Yesterday.

Addressing a Press conference in this connection at City Convention Centre, Imphal, Commissioner (MAHUD) M. Joy said that Minister of State (Independent charge) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs is holding a press conference through video conference from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm Yesterday. As per instruction from the Ministry, a press conference is being convened with State Mission Directors, Chief Executive Officers, Nodal Officers and implementing agency of these three missions.

Speaking to media persons, Associate Town Planner of Town Planning Department, M. Manas Singh said that under Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U), 27 towns (Urban Local Bodies) were approved by the ministry which covered 42,651 houses. As of 31/5/2019 more than 900 houses are completed whereas, 16,000 houses are reported to be in different stages of construction. 2nd installment of Central Assistance for 6 towns ( Heirok, Jiribam, Thongkhong Laxmi, Sikhong Sekmai, Yairipok and Wangjing Lamding) out of the 27 towns was also released.  Maximum number will be completed within this year, added, Associate Town Planner.

Pertaining to Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), Chief Engineer (PHED) Haobam Sunil Singh said that, replacing of old pipes to new pipes and pipe laying works within IMC area will be completed by March, 2020. The project cost is Rs 175.85 crore where 90% will be borne by central and the remaining 10% by State government. All 27 wards of IMC will be covered under the project. He further said that procurement of pipes is in the completion stage. 90% are in hand already while 10% are on road. He is optimistic about completion of pipe laying by July this year.

On Smart Cities Mission (SCM), Director (MAHUD), Th. Harikumar said that Imphal Smart City is amongst the 100 city in India under SCM. Imphal City Limited (a Company) has got registered during November, 2016 with Chief Secretary as Chairman, Head of Line departments and representative from Govt. of India were Board of Directors of this company.

To implement the project, Project Management Consultant has been selected through tender under special screening committee. Selection of PMC was not success in the first floating of tender due to poor response. However, PMC could be finalise in the second tender, added, MAHUD Director.

Under Smart City Mission with a project cost of Rs 5 crore,  Citizen Felicitation Centre was opened and started its services. The project will be completed within the time frame. Though DPR has been completed, round of consultation are still under process with the line departments.  According to MAHUD Director, the projects to be taken up for immediate implementation includes, development of mall road in Thangal bazaar area, development of Imphal riverfront on western part, installation of smart public toilets in various locations of the city, augmentation of capacity of existing machineries for Solid waste management, ICT based solid waste management, integrated Imphal citizen service platform mobile app for citizen service and integrated command and control centre.

It may be mentioned that Prime Minister has launched this three urban flagship missions on 25th June, 2015. Power point presentation of some of the beneficiaries on their success stories of these missions were also screen during the press meet.

You may also like

Leave a Comment


Imphal Times is a daily English newspaper published in Imphal and is registered with Registrar of the Newspapers for India with Regd. No MANENG/2013/51092


©2023 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Hosted by eManipur!

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.