Home » Terror victims allege deprivation on payment of compensation

Terror victims allege deprivation on payment of compensation

by IT Web Admin
0 comment 1 minutes read

Compensation amount sanctioned under Central Scheme for Assistance to Civilian victims of terrorist, communal and Naxal violence has not been distributed to the beneficiaries. This was stated by Angom Iraijao, an activist, while interacting with media persons at Manipur Press Club today.Angom Iraijao, a family member of late Angom Chanbi and Angom Menaka who were killed in terrorist activities, said the scheme has been passed in Parliament on Jan 25, 2010 and implemented from September 2011. According to the scheme which has been approved by Central Social Welfare Board, the applicant or the beneficiary must receive an ex gratia of Rs. 3 Lakhs. Iraijao added that according to the scheme, 70% of the said amount was supposed to be given by the Central government and the remaining 30% by the State government. He added that there are 11 applicants from Bishnupur district and 12 from Imphal West which have been approved by the Additional Secretary, Home, Government of Manipur but no amount has been funded to the victim’s family. Iraijao further added that Angom Chanbi and her mother; Angom Menaka Devi had been killed by a terrorist group after being raped. There are various other family members of such victims who need financial support therefore, the state government must give compensation to the victim’s family member, added Iraijao.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

ABOUT US

Imphal Times is a daily English newspaper published in Imphal and is registered with Registrar of the Newspapers for India with Regd. No MANENG/2013/51092

FOLLOW US ON IG

©2023 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Hosted by eManipur!

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.