For almost eight years the appealed against the verdict of the Session Judge Manipur West for punishment of 9 persons for their involvement in the infamous medical scam case has been withhold by the Manipur High Court as the high court is still preparing paper book.
According to report, state government had handed over the medical scam case to CBI in 2007 at which over lakhs of rupees for procurement of scissors, towels and medical equipment has been reportedly misappropriated by some concern officials of the time. Accordingly the CBI charge sheeted against Dr.G.Mani Singh, T. Jamkhothang, Dr.H. Lalfethang, Lienkhohum, Lal.H.Varte, Bidhu, Jayananda, Ibochou and Mohondas under the trial case number 11/1999/9/2007.
However, in the same month of 2008, all the accused filed appeal to the Guwahati High Court and now the case is with the Manipur high Court.
But, the present statuses of the said cases on 16.2.2009, judge’s order “registry is directed to prepare the paper book and list after the preparation of paper book” sources said that all convicted accuses are living in free and one had died before the last verdict. All the cases are lying in freeze to the High Court of Manipur after the appeal comes.
These are news contributed by our verified users. The News are verified by our team and published.
Latest from ImphalTimes
- ‘Transport contractors are using the name of revolutionary groups in stealing PDS rice’
- KCP-MC asks for more detail clarification to Lamjingba; says no compromise with Credit Society Micro Finance, Sangakpham
- Tobacco harm reduction – A realistic option
- UKLF says KNO/KNA clarification to the killing of its cadre as false propaganda
- How do we trust the peace talk between Government of India and NSCN(IM)?